Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fall is in the Air: So is Halloween

I have been loving the cooler temps lately. I can just smell fall in the air. After all, September is just a few days away. September is the perfect time to take on a spooky (or not so spooky) Halloween quilt. Here are some samples I quilted for Gracie Lou's

This is a tiny little bugger but super cute. Don't you just love the ric rac smile? Maybe all pumpkins should have ric rac smiles.


I know flowers seem unconventional for a Halloween quilt, but I couldn't help mimicking the ones in the fabric. I went over each flower three times for a sketchy effect.


If you are in for a little more tricky piecing you could try the one above. I especially like the owls.


Here are some closeups of the quilting. This one still needs some button embellishments I believe.
All of these projects and fabrics should be available at a quilt shop near you!





2 comments:

Beth said...

Love the sketchy flowers!!

coryshay said...

wow!! you are so very very talented...I love the quilts but the quilting job you did makes these extra special!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin