Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yo Yo

Remember my yoyo post last November? I decided to get a yoyo maker, and now I am hooked. Using one is simple. My favorite part is that you don't have to measure and cut out your circles, you just pop the fabric in, trim it off, sew through the openings, pop it open, cinch it up and knot it off. Love it. I figure I can make 15 in one hour. The draw back to the yoyo maker is that it only makes one size, so if you are wanting more than one size yoyo, you will need more makers, or you can learn here how to make one without a maker.
Posted by Picasa
Here is the garland I made for my tree. I think I ended up with 120 yoyos, but I am thinking I need double that many. Yoyos also make great embellishments for purses, and headbands. You can even sew them end to end to make an entire bedspread. Now that is ambitious !

3 comments:

m e l said...

oooh - i want one of those!

Beth said...

I've been thinking I should get a yo yo maker -- I think you've just convinced me!

Unknown said...

I have been trying to find a yo- yo maker. Where did you find yours?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin