Friday, July 8, 2011

I {heart} Zig Zags

I just quilted this fine quilt for my mom who will be giving it to my newest nephew when he is born. Could happen any day now. I went with my heart and quilted zig zags in the simple patchwork blocks, using the blocks for a guide. The small blue border is quilted with circle which is a great way to contrast the straight lines on the outer border.

I love straight lines, but they are a pain to quilt.

You may have to zoom into this one to see the quilting, but it is worth it. (Photo via cutequiltpatterns.com) I quilted this for one of my favorite customers, Kristin of Cute Quilt Patterns. It is her Road Rage quilt. If you got to go to market this year, you may have seen it. That stop sign on the border is a velcro pocket to hold a car. Too cool, I know. Kristin has loads of fun patterns, check out her site.

I finished this quilt for my middle child soon after the baby was born last spring. It looks fabulous on his bed, next to the blue-gray walls. I semi-followed a tutorial by crazymomquilts.

I am really loving zig zags. Please don't tell me the trend is already on the way out.

Other quilts with zig zag stitching here, and here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin