Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Orange and Grey {Machine Quilting}


This quilt is a perfect way to showcase your favorite fabrics. Large 18" squares set off with simple sashing. I love it. Simple quilts like this look great on beds too!

 I filled each square with a different background fill. Most of them were inspired by the fabric. I have been wanting to try these "whale tails" I saw on Angela's blog. They worked great as background fill and I am eager to try them again!

 This grey square has rows of scallops. I like how they repeat the shape of the petals.
 Rows of simple loops are quilted on top of these orange ovals. Loops, loops, loops. I love them!

This block is made from fabric with little chickens. I quilted ocean wave shapes in this block, because the line mimics the back of the chicken.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin