These cute little pins might be the perfect finishing touch on a little girl's outfit. I can see the pink and brown one looking precious on a little pink sweater.
All you need are some fabric scraps, fusible interfacing scraps, buttons, and pin backs (pin backs can be found in the jewelry making section of the craft store). Here's what you do:
- Fuse the interfacing to the wrong side of the fabric scraps.
- Draw your flower shapes on paper and cut them out to use as stencils.
- Trace your flower shapes on to the interfacing side of your scraps and cut out.
- Put two or more flower shapes on top of each other, right sides up, and sew a button on to the center going through all layers of fabric.
- Hand sew a pin back to the back side of your flower. Be careful to sew through only the back layer of fabric.