Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Grandmother's Flower Garden

I made a real effort to make it to the Springville Art Museum Quilt Show this last weekend. Because it was my hometown celebration, the weekend. We had a one hour window to drive to the museum, look at the quilts, and drive home. Thanks to road construction, we never made it.

I did dig up this photo of the quilt that I quilted for my client that is in the show. You can read more about the show here, at Whosies, which is where I discovered that this quilt was even in this show. If you don't have the time to read about it there, I will just tell you that my client that pieced this quilt is amazing. She does paper piecing by hand. Mostly with her eyes closed. I am petrified every time I do one of her quilts, for fear that I won't be able to live up to it's greatness.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Beth said...

I saw this on Whosies blog and was *amazed*! And I feel like it's come full circle finding out you quilted it...the quilting is lovely by the way!

Becky J. said...

i was there and did see and then posted ;) it was super fantastic in person! sorry you missed it. that darn traffic, and broken bridge, and detours for other road reasons unknown to the rest of us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin