Friday, February 15, 2013

Fit for a Princess {Machine Quilting}


 This twin size princess quilt is ADORABLE. So cute, that it has me wishing I could turn back the hands of time, and make my 9 year old one just like it for her bed.

And as luck would have it, as I was exploring pinterest this week, I even found the pattern!

You can buy it here from Sew Sweet Cottage on Etsy.

I love the opportunity strip quilts like this one give me to use several quilting designs in one quilt. 
Above you will see figure eight loops, spiral vine, and some loose mini loops on the bottom.
Starting on the white strip, you can see clam shells, multiple size circle loop meander, groovy curves, and an outlined feather.

 Here we have rows of slanted loops, flower and leaf border with outline, and feather and swirl fill.
 Here are the borders! I chose the simple circle meander, and varied the size of loops. I usually do all of the loops the same size, but I switched it up for this quilt, and really love the look of it!
This angle gives the best view of the whole quilt. This quilt would be great in boy colors and patterns too. I bet one could sew it up in an afternoon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin