Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Quilt in February

 I am feeling like a lucky-girl quilter today. It isn't very often that I get to quilt a holiday themed quilt, so close to the actual holiday, so I was super happy to get to do this one this month.
I even caught the sun shining so I could snap some photos outside.
The quilting is still difficult to see, but maybe if I explain....
I chose to alternate heavy quilting designs with a simple outline in these blocks to create a difference in texture.
 This method works well with quilts that have a lot of busy fabrics like this one. I alternated a straight line stitch in the backgrounds, and circles/pebbles in either the outer heart or inner heart.
The border has a simple feather. Feathers look like hearts sometimes, don't you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin