Thursday, March 21, 2013

Funky Monkey Quilt

I quilted this adorable Sock Monkey quilt last week for one of my regular quilters. It is a shop sample for Gracie Lou's. You can pick up the fabric, and probably even a kit there for this exact quilt.

I used some classic quilting motifs that I use all of the time. I like to do the most detail in the lighter fabric, where the quilting is more visible. In the large red squares above I quilted some straight lines with a swirl detail in between. It gives kind of a bandana effect don't you think?
Once again I used some of my favorite motifs on the borders. They are classics for a reason, they work well with most fabrics and designs. 
I love those monkey's holding hands in the bottom row. Do you think they are playing red rover?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin