Monday, March 4, 2013

Jack and Jill {Machine Quilting}


 I had a great time quilting this Jack and Jill quilt sent to me by one of my favorite quilters. She did a great job with the detailed applique! In these Jack and Jill blocks, I quilted a few diagonal lines to represent the hill, with clouds in the top, and pebbles in the bottom.
 Here is an overall shot of the quilt. Thank you Mr. Sun for shining so brightly the day I photographed this!
 I quilted all of the pieced blocks the same, with a feather variation and continuous curves.
 I alternated quilting in the purple border sections. Above you can see feathers, spirals and leaves.
The outer border got an inward facing loop. I quilted over it twice for a little more dimension.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin