Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tulips






We have had a horribly harsh winter here. Lots and lots of snow followed by cold temperatures and dreary inversions. Slowly we are starting to see some grass, and I even hear that neighbors have green sprouts poking through the dirt.  I won't have tulips in my north facing yard for a few weeks, so it was nice to have this tulip runner brighten my quilt room for a bit. I just love how it turned out.
This close up shows the borders well. I did a simple feather in the outer blue border and a ribbon in the yellow border. I did switch threads on the quilt. I switched between a teal and my favorite yellow. 
 Here you can see how I outlined each block. I quilted a pretty tight spiral on the pinwheel blocks. Spirals are the obvious choice for pinwheels, but I love the effect!


il_fullxfull.317473142.jpg
Speaking of tulips, I am loving this tulip wreath I saw on Pinterest. It is for sale on Etsy from seller Daulhouse.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin