Monday, April 1, 2013

Hourglass Baby Quilt with 3D Flowers


 This happy baby quilt has a lot of features that I love. For starters, the polka dot border. I love those happy colorful dots. I love the yellow sashing, and the simple hourglass blocks. If we stopped there, the quilt would be cute, but a little boring. The 3D flowers finish it off perfectly.

I wish I knew the pattern and designer for this quilt. I would love to share it with you so you could make one of your own.
 The orange hourglass blocks are quilted with a spiral. I love the movement it gives to the quilt.
 I used what is probably my favorite motif from my Pam Clarke book. This design coordinates nicely with the 3D flowers. You can also see the spiral vine that I quilted in to the polka dot border.
 The yellow sash is quilted with a wide figure eight. This design is always one of my favorites.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin