Friday, May 9, 2014

Rain Check Quilt {Machine Quilting}

 It is raining hard outside. Really hard. If it stops, I might make it to the grocery store. In the meantime I have this Rain Check quilt on my mind. I quilted it for Ashley last week. I am always thrilled when my customers bring me a Thimbleblossoms quilt. I love Camille's style and enjoy every minute of adding the final quilting touch to her quilt designs.
 I decided to brush the dust off this blog to show off all of the background quilting designs I did in this quilt. I used almost every back ground design that I could think of.
 Starting from the white background, and working clockwise, i used the following designs: horizontal puddle lines, crackle, daisies, and straight vertical lines.
 Starting at the blue block and working clockwise: ribbon stipple, scallops (clamshells), vertical lines with curved ends, tight loops.
 Starting at the upper left: horizontal scroll, vines, peacock feathers, and horizontal stripe.
 Starting at the upper left and working clockwise: Greek Key, chevron, spirals, and honestly, I can't see what is on that last one. ;0)
 Starting at the yellow block, and working clockwise ending in the center: ribbon stipple, crackle, spiral, vertical wavy line, echo stipple, random wavy horizontal line, spiral, wavy horizontal line, and tight circle loops.
 We are going to work top to bottom, left to right on this one. Let's skip the navy block though. I don't remember what I did in that one. The next one has vertical lines with curved ends, peacock feathers. Row 2: basket weave, horizontal lines and scrolls, loops. Row 3: large pebbles, feathery spirals, horizontal lines with curved ends.
 Top row: horizontal lines with curved ends, spiral, diagonal wavy lines. Row 2: I don't know what is on the flowered block, clouds, spirals and pebbles. Row 3; diagonal wavy line, waves and spirals, and stipple.

And last, my favorite shot of the q hilt. I love the scallops on that yellow block. And the chevron back there on the light blue block. Which is your favorite?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin