Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rescue Vehicles {Machine Quilting}


When I first saw this quilt, I knew I wanted to quilt spirals in it somewhere. Originally, I thought that I would quilt them in the octagon shaped blocks, but then I changed my mind and quilted them in the four patch blocks.

If there are a lot of curves in a motif, I like to do some straight lines as a contrast, especially in a boyish quilt like this one. You can see the straight line quilting in the yellow border above.  It is one of my favorite ways to quilt a border. 


I went through a few options in my mind for the octagonal blocks as well. I am glad I went with the diagonal lines.  I used yellow thread in this quilt. I use yellow thread A LOT! It seems to blend well with most multi colored quilts .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin