Thursday, April 25, 2013

Robot Factory Quilt

 A good boy quilt is not always easy to come by. Am I right? The fun robot fabrics in this quilt are Robot Factory from Robert Kauffman. I loved the saturated colors and how the quilter added lots of prints from other lines. With lots of patterns and colors, as well as lots of piece work, I didn't want to over do it with the quilting. However, I did want to give the customer a custom look.
 Here is what I did. I did a squared stipple in the center block. This quilting always reminds me of a microchip. I only quilted a motif in the center stripe of those strip blocks. The inner and outer strips got a straight line right down the middle.
I alternated the designs between a spiral, ribbon, figure eight, and ovals. It turned out just right! Not too much quilting, but just enough for a custom look.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin